Land a desk in a casual, fun environment that is filled with challenges, opportunities, and potential for personal and professional growth. The work should be important. The people should be good.
Earnest creative professional with more than four years of web development experience and 10 years of experience managing marketing, social media, brand identity, trademark licensing, and information technology in not-for-profit, service, and manufacturing environments.
• Successful in solving complex problems and translating these insights into accessible and efficacious solutions and messages.
• Excellent communicator via any medium; first-class copy writer and editor.
• Equally comfortable communicating with consumers, engineers, CEOs or artists.
• Technically and mechanically inclined with ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Designed, developed and managed feature rich, effective and up-to-date web presences for 12 entities consistent with their individual identities.
• Develop primarily PHP – either from scratch or in WordPress.
• Develop WordPress themes and plugins.
• Experienced in WordPress Multisite.
• Built web-based contract management and reporting database system using PHP and MySQL.
• Member of Apple iOS and Mac OS X application development programs.
Marketing, Brand Identity Creation and Brand Management
• Developed and executed strategic marketing plans that supported, achieved, and exceeded unit goals.
• Studied the habits, wants and needs of targeted segments and introduced these findings into our operations as the “Voice of the Customer.”
• Communicated with targeted segments in the manner and place that they prefer.
• Conducted marketing research, advertising, public relations, brand management, and strategic planning activities.
• Developed proposals for services, sponsorships, and naming rights.
Graphic Design, Copy Writing and Editing
• Designed and developed innovative, persuasive, and captivating print, video, and web-based marketing collateral including brochures, postcards, print advertising, and websites.
• Gatekeeper for all departmental external communications ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Reviewed all retail uses of 30+ trademarks for 2nd largest university in the U.S., growing annual licensing revenue from $93,000 in 2004 to $489,000, an average of 20% per year.
• Provided exceptional customer service as point-of-contact for consumers, 30 retailers and 275 licensees.
• Monitor and enforce on trademark infringing activities, working closely with in-house and external counsel to determine most effective course of action.
• Volunteer with Jobs Partnership as Coach for chronically unemployed and under-employed individuals since February 2016.
• Volunteer editor for Summit Magazine since 2014.
• Former volunteer Director of Communications and Web Developer for a start-up non-profit organization, Turning 22, Inc.
• Frequent guest lecturer in University of Central Florida marketing courses on the subject of trademark licensing.
• Led team that developed and launched the 2007 athletic brand identity update for University of Central Florida in only eight months.
• Received the inaugural Keeper of the Creed Award for Excellence from Student Development and Enrollment Services at the University of Central Florida in 2010.
* Reorganization swapped marketing and information technology responsibilities for contract management and web development while retaining trademark licensing in October 2010.
** Part-time web development and business consulting venture concurrent with, and continuing after, university employment.
Master of Business Administration, University of Michigan
Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Michigan